How you can help
We are always in need of people to volunteer and make a commitment to seeing This Able Veteran succeed. This long term success requires people with professional skill sets – fundraising, web, video, marketing, office help, licensed clinical psychologists, lawyers, event planning, working an event and those with networking skills. We also have needs for volunteers to do general maintenance around the grounds and housekeeping – washing windows, dusting, cleaning and cooking. If you have any of these skills, or others we haven’t thought of, we’d love to hear from you.
Other ways to help:
By using AmazonSmile every time you shop, Amazon will donate .5% of your purchase to This Able Veteran.
KROGER COMMUNITY REWARDS PROGRAM:
- Need a Kroger Plus card? They are available at the customer service desk at any Kroger.
- Have your Kroger Plus card? Register online at krogercommunityrewards.com
- If you don’t already have an account, click on SIGN UP TODAY in the ‘New Customer’ box.
- Enter NPO number 14971 or This Able Veteran. Select from list and click on confirm.
- You will then get a message to check your email inbox and click on the link within the body of the email.
- Click on My Account and use your email address and password to proceed to the next step.
- Click on Edit Kroger Community Rewards information and input your Kroger Plus card number.
- Update or confirm your information.
- To verify you are enrolled correctly, you will see your organization’s name on the right side of your information page.
- Members must swipe their registered Kroger Plus card or use the phone number that is related to their registered Kroger Plus card when shopping for each purchase to count.
- REMEMBER, purchases will not count for us until you register your card.
There are three easy ways to earn for our group. 1) Sign up/add cards 2) eScrip Online Mall 3) eScrip Dining by Rewards network. Click to learn how
Volunteer to work with the service dogs
Many people hope to volunteer with the service dogs. We understand and appreciate this desire, however, because of the very specialized training which goes into these dogs, and the need for consistency in their training, it requires a major time commitment and physical fitness. If you wish to work with the service dogs, we require you:
- be local
- make a long term commitment
- several days a week with the intention of volunteering at least 6 months
During this time investment, you will train with experienced handlers and learn how to interact with the service dogs. It is a rewarding opportunity for a volunteer, but does require quite a commitment.